Terms and Conditions
e-Book License Agreement
User’s access to and use of this e-Book published by Legal Technologies, LLC (“The Company”) is subject to the terms and conditions of the agreement below.
- The Company hereby grants User a worldwide non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable, limited license to download to your electronic device and/or access online the e-Book. The e-Book consists of works prepared by the State of Texas and The Company, selected and arranged to create a collective work as property of The Company. User is licensed to use content made available to User in the e-Book solely in the regular course of legal and other research and related work.
- Permitted Use. Subscriber may:
(i) use, browse, and search the e-Book;
(ii) print and make copies of the e-Book solely for purposes of personal reference and/or submission of documents to the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles (although not recommended – see Texas Board website).
- User may not copy, download, print, scrape, store, publish, transmit, retransmit, transfer, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, sell, resell, or otherwise use the e-Book, or any portion thereof, in any form or by any means, except (i) as expressly permitted by this Agreement, (ii) with The Company’s prior written permission, or (iii) as permitted under the fair use provision of the Copyright Act (17 U.S.C.A. § 107). Content shall not be stored or used in an archival database or other searchable database except as expressly permitted by this Agreement. Except as otherwise permitted in this Agreement, User shall not sell, license, sublicense or distribute the e-Book (including printouts) to third parties or use the e-Book as a component of or as a basis for any material offered for sale, license, or distribution.
- Rights in e-Book. Except for the license granted in this Agreement, all right, title and interest in the contents of the e-Book, in all languages, formats, and media throughout the world, including all copyrights, are and will continue to be the exclusive property of The Company and other contributors (“Contributors”) of Content.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. THE E-BOOK AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF PERFORMANCE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY, OMISSIONS, COMPLETENESS, CURRENTNESS AND DELAYS. LEGAL TECHNOLOGIES, LLC AND CONTRIBUTORS SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER TO THE USER FOR ANY CLAIM(S) RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THEIR PERFORMANCE HEREUNDER, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE. IN NO EVENT SHALL LEGAL TECHNOLOGIES, LLC OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE TO USER FOR ANY CLAIM(S) RELATING TO USER’S INABILITY OR FAILURE TO PERFORM RESEARCH OR RELATED WORK OR TO PERFORM SUCH RESEARCH OR OTHER WORK PROPERLY OR COMPLETELY EVEN IF ASSISTED BY LEGAL TECHNOLOGIES, LLC NOR SHALL LEGAL TECHNOLOGIES, LLC OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Responsibility for Certain Matters. User shall be responsible for all access to any use of the e-Book by any means, whether User has or does not have knowledge of or authorizes such access and use.
*User’s access to and use of the e-Book acknowledges that the License Agreement has been read, and that User agrees to be bound by its terms and conditions.